PRINCIPAL DESIGNER – CDM
Poor design can create life threatening working environments. Although this picture is extreme it is essential that future maintenance of all parts of a building are considered at the design stage.
The Principal Designer manages all health and safety aspects of the design process. We will notify the HSE (F10) of your project. A Principal Designer must be appointed for every construction project that will last longer than 30 days, or 500 person days. Hollybrook Estates has experience and expertise in acting as Principal Designer, either appointed direct by the client or as a sub-consultant to the Architect or other Lead Consultant, for a number of commercial and educational clients on a variety of different schemes from complex refurbishment projects through to long term maintenance works.
The Principal Designer is there to assist the client with carrying out their duties; to co-ordinate health and safety aspects of the design work and to prepare the health and safety
file. Services provided are;
- The notification of the project to the Health & Safety Executive.
- Advice to the Client on their duties under the CDM Regulations.
- Advice to the Client on the competence of designers and contractors.
- The preparation of the Pre-Construction Information Pack, and of the Health & Safety file for issue to the client at handover.
- Monitoring design changes and the development of the Health & Safety Plan on site, with monthly reports on these issues to the team.
- Auditing of contractors’ Health & Safety policies.
Our Principal Designer Services are tailored to suit our clients’ business needs whilst ensuring compliance with the regulations and industry best practice.